Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kids retreat

This past weekend I had the option of doing quite a few things.  I really wanted to go home.  I wanted to sit in my room and just sleep, because my brain is literally exhausted.  I wanted to go somewhere or do something spontaneous.  I wanted to hang out with people that I have come to love.  But in spite of everything that I wanted to do, I went to a lock-in at my church with about 30 kids.  It was so great and tiring, and so stinking fun.
Starting Friday at 4:00 pm.  I walked into one of my favorite places, Faith Baptist Church of Marion, IN.  Around 6:00 kids started to come,wild, bright eyed, and full of energy.  We played games, ate pizza, chips, and may I add tons of candy.   We played wii, did crafts, dodge ball, and watched tons of movies.
My favorite part of this whole 24 hours was the praise and worship/lesson.  I was amazed at how much kids can really retain.  I was amazed at how much a 5 year old knows about Jesus.  When we were in the "kids tank" singing songs I was amazed at how literally every single one of those kids, were worshipping the Lord.  It was so encouraging and at that moment I knew that I was exactly where I was suppose to be. I was suppose to be at this lock-in and not at home, or hanging out with friends, but with these wonderful kids.
Overall it was a great 24 hours.  And even though it was really tiring, it was so worth it.  It was worth it when the kids walk up to you and hug you.  Or when they say you "thank you" , or  tell you how much fun they had.
Tomorrow is sunday.  I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. You've got a servant's heart Ashley. That's one of my favorite things about you :)

    It's cool that you can use yourself in such simple ways to make possibly big impacts

    ReplyDelete