Thursday, February 24, 2011

Philippians 4:13

First of all this week has been well, stressful, tiring, testing, and did I say tiring?  I had 4 tests, 2 lab practicals, and a paper due. As well has 100 other things going on.  In the next week I have to make quite a few decisions about things as well, which doesn't put me in the best position.  Oh and I have 2 more tests next week.  But on the bright side in about a week I'm going to New York with a great group of people, and I am sooo excited.
I have been feeling very distant from it seems like everyone and everything lately, including God.  I'm not really sure if its because I have had so much going on, or if its because it seems like I am always tired, or  if I just don't have the ambition.  Either way though I'm just kind of confused on what to do. On how to fix things, and how not to be distant from so many people that I love, and most of all God.  I think I'm going to really try to make it a priority to spend time journaling and just spending alone time with God, and we will see where that goes.
Although this week has been one of the worst weeks I've had in quite some time, a lot of good has come out of it.  I was getting pretty worried that I wasn't going to be able to raise all the money for the New York  Trip I'm going on for Spring Break, and today I got a call from someone saying that they are going to be sending me $200, which is exactly the amount I needed.  It was really cool to see the Lord work in that way.  Also just knowing that I could accomplish everything I had going on this week was really cool.  It was so challenging, but in the end I really think it helped me grow as a person.  This week has also been one filled with laughs and new friends.  I met quite a few people this week, which was awesome.  Also I think I laughed more and had more fun times then the usual, which is usually quite a bit.
In the end of this week, I am thankful though. I'm thankful for the strength to get through it.  The strength to not break down when I literally studied my butt off for a test and it didn't show in my grade.  I'm thankful for my family, for my moms surgery going good, my roommate, Jess, Libby,Chelsea, Rachelle, Shannon, Reghan, Hailey, Rachel, Carrie, Dorie, Margaret, Bethany Livengood, Hannah, and so many more!  Im thankful for my friends at home.  I'm thankful for having an RA and Diversity Coordinator who care about everyone and everything so much, I couldn't have asked for better ones if I wanted. I'm thankful for being able to go to New York and to be able to minister to the people who need the love of Jesus so much.  I'm thankful for talking to one of my favorite people in the whole world.  And most importantly I'm thankful for my relationship with Jesus, and to be able to love him freely in the country I live in.  I could go on and on about what I'm thankful for.  So when your having a bad day or week, think about that.  Think about everyone you have and how much you have. Think about how many people love you, and how many great opportunities we have.  

1 comment: