Sunday, February 13, 2011

Trusting

Today has been such a great day so far.  My alarm went off about ten times, before I could make myself sit up,and get out of bed.  After that happened though, things have been so great.  For some reason,today, I have been so happy.  I'm not sure wether its because its above 10 degrees and sunny outside, or if its because I got enough sleep, but either way I'm just really happy.
Church this morning was great as always.  The Taylor University Gospel Choir came, and they were so stinking good!  It was so fun to watch everyone clap their hands and do different motions, and people just love on one another.  Thats one thing I love about that church, everyone just genuinely loves one another.  After church Chelsea, Mary Beth, Reghan, Jess and her mom, sister, sister-inlaw and niece all went to lunch Baldwin.  It was so fun, and I got to hold a beautiful 3 month old baby.  I love babies, so much.  Anyways after lunch Chelsea, Reghan, Mary Beth and I decided to escape to Starbucks for a few hours to do homework.  It was really nice.  Just sitting there, listening to music, and people having conversations.  Something about it helped me get work done, which was great.

Sundays are a great day for me to reflect on the past week, and look forward to things in the week that is coming.  Its a day to just rest and get caught up on homework, and most of all its a day with the Lord.  Today at church I really started thinking about the little things that God has done for me, as well as the big things.  Each and everyday he does something, and there is always something to learn about him, which I think is so cool.  One of the things I have really been learning lately is to fully trust in him.  Earlier in the year I experienced a situation in which if I didn't trust in him I wasn't going to get through this very large obstacle.
It was early in October, and I decided to be spontaneous and go on a hiking trip with my school in the mountains of Kentucky.  I was kind of apprehensive, but in the end I was so happy that I went.  We got to the mountain at about 1:00 am and we started hiking from there.  After about half an hour of hiking up killer hills, we found a place to put our tents for the night, and from there we set them up and went to sleep for the night.  The next morning  we got up, and started our hike for the day.  The hills were steep and as the day went on got harder and harder.  The first day we hiked about 7 miles or so, we set up camp for the night, and went to sleep.   The next morning we woke up, thinking that we were only going to have to go about 4 more miles, and started hiking for the day.  We were all tired, hungry, and very thirsty.  As the day went on the hiking got harder and harder and with every step we took, we got more tired.  It wasn't until later in the day did we realize we were going the wrong way.  It was pretty devastating, when you realize something like that and are totally exhausted beyond means.  It was at that moment that the only way I knew I was going to get through it was by praying and fully trusting in God.  So after a few moment of pity, we all got up and started hiking once again.  We hiked the next 7 or so miles faster then the first 10 miles we did.  It was all God that got us through it, and we all knew that.  I could say so much more about this trip, but that was just a little insight on it.  That weekend I learned a lot.  Not only about nature, but about life as well. I learned that life is like a mountain.  You have your ups and downs, you have hardships, and happy times.  Either way though you need to trust God through it all.  You need to put your life in the hands of God, and everything will maybe not turn out your way, but in the end everything will make sense.
I'm still learning to trust God with my whole heart.  I learning that wether you are going through a trial or a joyous time in your life you need to give your full heart to God and trust in him.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment